Friday, February 5, 2010

Weekend Plans and Superbowl

This week has been a pretty regular week. I had work all 5 days. Tuesday night my husband and I did our normal duty of running the youth group at our church. Wednesday we had our weekly coed softball game (WE WON of course!!!!). Yep a pretty regular week. And for me a pretty regular week means a pretty dang busy and hectic week SOOOOO I am definitely ready for the weekend!!!

Tonight I am having a much needed girls night with my sister and some of our close friends at my house. On the menu is this delicious Grilled Chicken and Potatoes with Garlic and Oregano Vinaigrette that has gotten very happy reviews when I have made it in the past. Since it is raining today I will probably just cook the potatoes and chicken inside instead of on the grill. I think it will taste mostly the same (hopefully). On the agenda is enjoying some wine, sitting around and catching up on life, and watching a chick flick of some sort. It should be a great starter to the weekend!!!! 
 
(This recipe is super easy and super yummy!!!)

Other plans for the weekend include getting my hair done (I think I am going for it on the bangs!) and a Superbowl party at our place.  
 I come from a huge football family and I would have to say that it is my favorite sport to watch by far. I am a little sad to see it go already. Watching baseball is not nearly as exciting in my opinion. But I am excited for funny commercials and hopefully a good game. 
GOOOOO
 
(I know now you're thinking "oh she's one of those bandwagon fans" but in my defense I have honestly liked the Saints since I went to New Orleans in 2001. When they got Drew Brees I began liking them even more. I mean they aren't my beloved Chargers but generally as long as their not playing against the Chargers I am rooting for them.)
Aside from some appetizers (stuff that I am throwing together making or that other people are bringing) I think the hubby and I are gonna make a Tri-Tip (or two) using this delicious recipe that we have. (I will try to remember to share it on here next week some time. Its another super easy and super yummy one. Yes there's a theme when it comes to me cooking. I only do the super easy and the super yummy...lol) I will also probably make a salad of some sort (I haven't decided what kind yet) and then I am making this rice that is my grandma's recipe (also super easy and super yummy) and that I am literally in love with. It should be a day filled with good food, good company, and lots of laughs. Definitely my type of Sunday!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

YUMMMMMMMY food omg! I'm Colts at this point :)