Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was not my favorite. Lots of little things happened that if they had been isolated incidents I would of been fine but since they all happened in the same 48 hours they really made me struggle a little. There were some good GREAT points to the weekend too so I guess I really can't complain too much and maybe I am better off just remembering the weekend by those moments instead.

Lowpoints of my Weekend
Kitchen Clean Up- After my friends left on Friday night I was cleaning up the kitchen and I broke a wine glass in the sink (when we got married we had a set of 8 of these particular glasses...we are now down to 5!). I went to get a plastic bag to put the pieces in so no one would get hurt if they were in the trash. I must have knocked the plastic piece that holds the shelf (above where we keep the plastic bags) out because as I was cleaning up the wine glass mess all of a sudden out of nowhere I heard a giant crash and turned around to find that all of the contents of that shelf had fallen out of the the cabinet and were now all over the floor. Of course this was the shelf that had every glass bottled liquid item possible that doesn't need to be in the fridge (like 2 bottles of olive oil, never opened soy sauce, never opened terriaki sauce, some bread dipping sauces, 2 bottles of hot sauce, etc.). Thankfully only two of those glass bottles broke. One was a bread dipping sauce (it spilled but the bottle only cracked and didn't actually shatter) and a brand new never opened FULL bottle of Worcestershire sauce. This bottle though didn't just break it literally SHATTERED sending glass and sauce EVERYWHERE. It was a giant mess and it took what seemed like FOREVER to clean up. I didn't get to bed until super late and it took all day Saturday to get the scent of Worcestershire out of my kitchen. The shelf is now fixed and the kitchen is better. And now the story is almost funny. Yes almost. I'm not quite over it yet. But seriously at that moment I wanted to murder someone.
Husband's Bad Mood- He is pretty close to perfect and he rarely has bad days. But he had one at work on Saturday and then he decided to bring it home with him and decided to be pissy all night. Thankfully by Sunday he was all back to his normal self. 
 There are two other things that happened but one I am not quite over and I just don't feel like writing about it and getting myself all worked up again and the other I have since solved and also don't really need to focus on. 
Highlights of my Weekend
My New Hair- I went with some side-swept bangs and I am loving it! Thanks to any of you that helped me make my decision. I really appreciated what all of you had to say.
(My new hair fresh out of the salon!)
Girls Night- Dinner, wine, and lots of laughing...need I say more?!
(Barefoot Moscato. Just tried this for the first time on Friday night. For the price it was surprisingly yummy. If you like slightly sweeter whites (like I do) then give it a whirl...)  
Saturday Morning Hike- The rain was nice enough to break for long enough for my 2 good friends and I to take a 1.5 mile hike. The view was amazing, the company was perfect, and I felt sooooo good afterward. 
(View from our hike)
SuperBowl Party- The food was delicious, the company was wonderful, and we found out that when the SAINTS go marching in-----THEY WIN!!!! Such a good game!!!! They had me worried after the first half but they really came out fired up for the second half and boy did they take care of business! The two point conversion and the interception touchdown had me jumping up and down and screaming like a crazy woman. And Drew Brees crying while holding his adorable baby boy after the game just melted my heart.
 
 

So on all of those positive notes I am already feeling much better and am definitely ready for another week.

Hope your having a great Monday!!!






1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Your hair looks AMAZING! Seriously beautiful! Happy Valentine's Day!