I have been graciously awarded my first blog award from the lovely Ms. Jennifer at West Sac Honey. I am super honored! And super excited!!!! THANK YOU sooo much Jennifer!!! I know I still don't have a lot of followers but just to know that I am slowly making some connections with some of you out there really makes me happy. That was definitely one of the reasons I was attracted to blogging. The more I blog the more I love it!!!
So here are the rules:
Put the award on your blog
Thank the person who you received this from
Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
Nominate 7 bloggers
Ok so 7 interesting things about me (since I have only been blogging a short time you I guess most things about me will be interesting...well I hope anyway):
1. My husband and I have been together since 2001 (we were 15 & 16 at the time) and met in our church youth group. We have actually known each other since 98 or 99. I always thought he was cute but that there was no way he could handle me. (You see he is a pretty quiet guy and I am loud and social and outgoing.) In a partner I need someone that can put me in my place and I just didn't think he could handle it. As we got to know each I realized that there was a side to him that I hadn't seen before and I started falling for him. He had liked me for a long time and so we started hanging out more and more and soon it all just happened. We got married on 7-7-07 and I couldn't be a more lucky girl (I think he's a pretty lucky guy as well...lol). Our relationship has been through a lot in the last 9 years but I know that he is my prince and is definitely the one person that I plan on spending the rest of my life with.
(Our perfect little family!!)
2. I love love love to read. Since the time I could read (age 4-5) it has been something that I have loved. I love how reading provides a much needed escape from life sometimes. I love how it puts you into a different persons life in a different place and time. I love the lessons I have learned from the books I have read. I love the feeling of starting a new book. I love the feeling of the characters in a book becoming my friends and a part of my life. I love the feelings and emotions I get while I read. And I love the feeling of finishing a book (although that one is kind of bitter sweet). I mainly read more girly nonfiction but I will read anything if it catches my eye or gets a good recommendation from a friend.
3. I am 50% Italian, 25% Irish, and 25% German! 100% American. Because I am have olive skin, brown hair, and brown eyes people always ask me what my background is. I have gotten Persian, Armenian, Hawaiian, Hispanic, Italian, etc. My Dad is the Irish and German one. He is a big white guy with light brown hair and green eyes (We look nothing alike! In fact he coached me for most of my 12 year softball career and most people wouldn't even put me as his daughter until they saw us interact with each other.) My Mom is Italian and I definitely get my looks from her.
(My parents, my 2 little sisters, my little brother, my husband and I on my Wedding Day)
(My Sister and I living it up 1989 style)
(Even at age 6 I had an attitude! lol)4. I have a crazy obsession with the color PINK. I loved pink when I was a little girl. And I have pretty much loved it ever since (I did go through a small faze when I was into blue but it didn't last long). I am drawn to the color pink. and as time goes on I love it more and more. I can't help it! Pretty much if it comes in pink or has pink on it than thats the one I want. I am definitely more likely to "need" something if it is pink. Just to show you a taste of my pink obsession. Right now from where I am sitting at my desk I have a pink dell laptop, a pink mouse, a pink plastic water bottle, pink desk supplies (stapler, tape dispenser, etc), a pink coffee mug, a pink phone cover, a pink post-it dispenser with pink post-its, a pink frame, a pink clipboard, a pink lanyard on my keys, a pink Juicy makeup bag, and a gray with pink design Juicy purse. My husbands only request when we were registering for wedding gifts was that if it was an item that was gonna be out all the time that it not be pink. He said that otherwise he didn't care. So we have stainless steal or black in our more neutral kitchen as far as the appliances and mini appliances that are on the counters all the time go. However tucked away in the cabinets just waiting to be used we have a pink hand mixer, pink mixing bowls, pink mixing spoons, a pink can opener, a pink ice cream scoop, pink plastic cups and plates, a pink treats jar for our puppy, as well as other pink stuff that I can't remember right now. I definitely have an obsession!!
5. I am a huge lover of the ocean/the beach, and marine mammals. When I was younger I wanted to work at Sea World and either be a Dolphin Trainer or a Whale Trainer. I have always thought Marine Mammals were so pretty and so cool. I think I have always thought it would be amazing to live in the Ocean. The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies and Ariel is my favorite Disney Princess. I am just drawn to the ocean. It gives me a calm feeling when I am near it and makes me happy. My husband is also a big fan and so our living room and family rooms are both decorated with a more beachy feel. The living room has a ocean white sand beach feel while the family room is more tropical. If I couldn't decorate in pink than the beach was a good second that my husband and I could both agree on.
6. I hate clutter and I am a clean freak. I am just one of those people that can't handle when things aren't clean and when everything isn't in its place. I am a stickler for putting things back where they go. Everything has its place and needs to go back to it when its done being used. I love to be organized and I love a clean home. And I try to go through closets, drawers, and other clutter collectors often so that I can trash or donate items that I no longer need. I married someone that is just as crazy about this one so that makes my life and job of keeping everything clean, clutter free, and neat a lot easier. I think we both grew up with those types of moms that kept everything and so we have both went in the completely opposite direction for how we like our living and working spaces.
7. One of my secret desires in life is to be either a talk show host or to host a travel show. Well I guess its not so secret anymore...lol But nonetheless I think it would be soooo much fun to be able to call one of those my job. As a talk show host I would love to talk girl stuff and interview celebrities and important people every day. I would be able to make people happy and feel good about themselves. I love to talk and I just can't imagine a job that would fit me better. Well except that of being a travel show host. I LOVE to travel. My Dad is afraid of flying so as a kid we pretty much stayed in the US. But I have big dreams of traveling all over the world. And I am so envious of the people that get to travel to amazing places, eat amazing food, and stay at even more amazing hotels. I would love to go to all these amazing places and share them with people from all walks of life. And once again I would be able to use my love of talking!!!! (Ok I think I have used amazing a little too much on this one..lol)
Anyways I hope that the info I shared with help you to get to know me better. With that being said I nominate:
Kristine from Confessions of a Teacher's Life
Alexandra from HRH Collection
Kate Gene from Kate Gene (A Beauty Blog)
Caroline from Coeur De La
Mayra from Life is Bananas
Suzanne from Steece's Pieces
Caitlin from Candyfloss and Persie